We live in the internet where everything starting from starting a business to promoting a business, takes place virtually. And, you have to be really smart to cope up in this technology-based era where appreciation and negative reviews spread like wildfire and you simply cannot stop them if you are not using the right online reputation management tools. In fact, to think of the whole online reputation management factor practically, you have to first face the fact that the internet has made it very easy for people to access information about anyone anywhere just at the click of a mouse.
What purpose do online reputation management tools serve?
The right type of online reputation management tools helps you to manage and understand the amount of information that you want to share and this also helps to reduce the chances and hazards of wrong information getting circulated by a few people for all the wrong reasons. Online reputation management actually helps to highlight the right piece of details about a particular person and curtail emphasis on the negative factors that are mostly served with some extra spice to make them more interesting to readers.
While dealing in online reputation building, you need to understand that personal branding is as important as corporate branding and this can also help you to land a good job as many employers tend to do a Google search with candidate names to find out if the internet has any information about the particular person. You can start with Removing Negative Content from Google Search as this can demean your image greatly if any type of negative content is made available to the audiences.
Now let’s talk about the top 5 online reputation management tools that you can use to monitor your online image:
● Your Web Browser is your first tool towards managing your reputation online as they offer the search result for everything and once you type your name in the search bar, you will see the result for the first few pages and know what kind of content is making the rounds already. Carrying out an incognito search might be a better idea as sometimes the browsers customize your particular searches and give inaccurate results, which has high chances of creating a wrong impression about you for people wanting to know more about you. Categorize the results as negative and positive and sort them accordingly.
● Google Alerts: Setting up a Google Alert for your name or your business name helps you get email alerts as soon as there is a new mention in your name. As a matter of fact, you can take action if the reference is not a positive one.
● The Brand Grader: This is primarily helpful for people wanting to checkout the reputation of their business brand in the online world. This is a free platform that lets you enter the name of your company and provide an email address and the report is sent to you with a quick overview of your company. This helps you to frame online reputation management strategies easily and get into action if someone is trying to malign your virtual image.
● Similar Web: This is another platform that provides you with a complete analysis of a particular site or brand or app. This is among the best online reputation management tools that also offer details about the competitors in the same industry. Their report is prepared in a manner that gives you an insight into your brand’s position in the industry.
● Social Mention: This is one of those online reputation management tools that not only monitors the web but also collects social media search analysis results on real-time basis and all you have to do is provide the brand name and choose from the various blogs, microblogs, images, videos, and bookmarks before you start with the searching process. This tool is instrumental in categorizing your search result into positive, negative, and neutral responses and sentiments so that you have a clear idea of what people think about you or your brand in the web world.
There are many more tools like Brandyourself, Reputology, and Review Push etc. that not only help you with online reputation management but also help you understand the power of positive online reputation management while guiding you about how to remove negative articles from Google.
In this way, Online reputation management tools let you take charge of your own reputation, helping you to protect and promote your brand in a better light.